Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sounds of the season

I am fairly open about my love of music. Silence is not typically a friend I want to spend a significant amount of time with. Whenever I know an extended period of "quiet" time is drawing near I find music to fill the void. In college I avoided the library for that very reason. Why would I search out a place where the very purpose of it is to drown out all surrounding noises? That is just sheer torture! My rambling tangent aside, the Christmas season only intensifies my infatuation. I can listen to nearly any genre of music during Christmas, even country (if done well). Christmas is the only valid excuse I have to listen to music nearly 24/7. It's awesome!

My elder sister graciously shared a few seasonal selections with me over Thanksgiving, which I quickly gobbled up. I have been joyously listening to them for the past two weeks. However, three albums can only go so far. Plus, my collection has been exhausted to the point where I can only use it as a change of pace. I needed something more to satisfy the hunger in my ears for more Christmas music.

Once again my sister came to my rescue, only she doesn't know it yet. I was "stalking" (You can try to use any other adjective to tone down the true purpose of Facebook, but I am humble enough to admit the truth.) her on the aforementioned social networking system when I saw her friend mention Pandora for Christmas music. To be honest, I always held out against Pandora because I was afraid I might find new artists I couldn't say no to when it comes to purchasing their music. It's not that I don't want to make the purchase as much as it is I really should put the money elsewhere at this point.

Too make a long story short, I experimented with Pandora...and got hooked! The Christmas possibilities are endless! I have listened all this week, and have yet to skim the surface of all the Christmas tunes there are to hear. I am either singing my heart out along with the classics or listening with a smile on my face to new friends. I don't know what I am going to do when Christmas passes, but for now I couldn't care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment