Sunday, May 6, 2012

He restores my soul.
~Psalm 23:3

I am physically tired. I have been flying at lightning speeds since the end of June. I am mentally tired. I have been reading mass amounts of literature I often fail to understand. I am spiritually tired. When God becomes the object of your academic study it is a constant wrestling match to grow in intimacy with Him. It can be extremely difficult to keep Him the object of my affection, adoration, and faith when my approach to Him is centered in academia.

Therefore, I have found myself in constant need of restoration. My body, mind, and soul are weary. I was warned (probably not the best word) about this by many before beginning my studies at seminary. Everything I am wrestling with seems to be the struggles of everyone who has ever gone through seminary. But it is hard to know exactly when people are talking about until you actually experience it. I know understand. And I know it will be a constant hardship as I talk with those ahead of me, and those who have been doing ministry for most of their lives. This is why Psalm 23:3 has become crucial for me.

I seek restoration all the time. I do a variety of different things hoping to restore my body, mind, and soul. While many of these will work, they will never give me the restoration I am in the most need of. They will all fail. And I have found this out often. Only my Great Shepherd can restore. Only in His presence will I find the peace and rest my soul needs. I find my restoration as I follow Him wherever He leads.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you each and everyday. What an example your perseverance is to so many.

    ReplyDelete