Tuesday, October 1, 2013

fall


While you would not know it by this picture (of which I must give credit to my fiance), autumn has arrived. By far, autumn is my favorite season. 

The colors are beautiful, even for a colorblind individual like myself. I can be distracted easily simply looking at the vast array of colors on display by endless trees.

The weather is ideal. The days are comfortable. The nights are crisp and cool, perfect for fires and s'mores. And this year has started off exceptionally well with the warm days coupled with the cool evenings.

The sports world is thriving. Football season is in full swing. Baseball decides its champion. Hockey and basketball start back up again. 

The pallet expands. Apple season is upon us rendering apples (my favorite) plentiful and cheap. This leads to applesauce, apple cider, apple pie, and general apple eating. Pumpkin becomes a staple to my diet: pancakes, muffins, cakes, and lattes (though only occasional because I prefer my coffee black). Spices such as ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg abound.

Throw in a little "September Grass" by James Taylor, and I cannot help but smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment