Monday, June 11, 2012

blameless

blameless (adj) free of blame or guilt; innocent (of wrongdoing)

Take away the less suffix, and the word would better describe me. Replace it with a ful, and we are looking at a winner.

Blame is impossible to escape. Over the course of any given day, I am worthy of it. Some of the things are moral errors, while others are less serious. Either way, I accrue blame daily. And there is nothing I can do about it. I can accept, avoid, or ignore it, but never truly rid myself of it. It always stands before me destroying any and all footing I have to stand on.

Which is why the gospel of Jesus Christ is not only amazing, but absolutely necessary.

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him Colossians 1:21-22

The reality of my blame is my reality. It will always stand before me. It will always accuse me. It stains everything I have and will ever do. But only if I stand apart from Christ.

Christ has not only saved me from my rebellion and sin. He has not only delivered me from the domain of darkness. He has not only welcomed me into the family of God. He has made me blameless. Each and every time I go before the Father, I am blameless in His sight because of Christ. It is as if I never committed a sin. The blame I could never rid myself of has been taken away for me. In Christ, I am perfect before the Father.

That which is impossible has been made possible through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment