Thursday, September 6, 2012

start your engines

For me, the Fall semester began this morning. And already, I am busy with readings and other assignments.

In my Gospels class, one of the weekly reading assignments is a hymn. Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence kicked off my hymn reading. I am not overly familiar with the tune or the words, but I had to pause while I read. As I embark upon another semester of studying God and His ways, I needed this reminder of who God and what my response should be every time I approach His throne.

Let all mortal flesh keep silence,
And with fear and trembling stand;
Ponder nothing earthly minded,
For with blessing in His hand,
Christ our God to earth descendeth,
Our full homage to demand.

King of kings, yet born of Mary,
As of old on earth He stood,
Lord of lords, in human vesture,
In the body and the blood;
He will give to all the faithful
His own self for heavenly food.

No comments:

Post a Comment