Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Saving, helping, keeping, loving

In addition to class, I must listen to lectures for my counseling class. And just we do in class, each lecture begins with a hymn, often times dealing with suffering, temptation, and the hardships of life. Today, I began a lecture on my drive home from work. The hymn they sang was Jesus, What a Friends for Sinners.

What a beautiful song about what Christ does graciously on behalf of His people!

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Saviour, makes me whole.

Hallelujah! what a Saviour!

Hallelujah, what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

Jesus! what a strength in weakness!

Let me hide myself in him;
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my strength, my vict'ry wins.

Jesus! what a help in sorrow!

While the billows o'er me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my comfort, helps my soul.

Jesus! what a guide and keeper!

While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night o'ertakes me,
He, my pilot, hears my cry.

Jesus! I do now receive him,

More than all in him I find,
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am his, and he is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment