Tuesday, September 21, 2010

golden girl

Today is the golden birthday of my younger sister. She turns 21. My golden day was less significant because 11 is rarely surrounded by any hoop-la because eleven year-olds are typically looking forward to 13.

It's hard to believe my sister is already 21, but I tend to forget my own age too. For anyone who reads my musings, I have stated how I am rather fond of my little sister. She is a real treat to spend time with. Unfortunately, my life tends to declare my disdain for her given my trend to move wherever she is not (or at least that's how it's been recently). I do think the limited time we spent last year will be beneficial to our relationship in the years to come. She still asks questions, and I am slowly learning to be humble enough to do the same. She is insightful, brutally honest, and compassionate. And I could definitely use a little of each in my own life. I am eagerly waiting to see what God has planned for her as she continues to grow in her love of and trust in Him.

Happy Birthday Rach-rach!
(even though you like to mimic my napping skills)

No comments:

Post a Comment