Monday, February 6, 2012

loving God's grace

A new semester is upon me which means far more reading, writing, studying, translating, and researching and far less sleeping, shaving, working, relaxing, and sports watching. But since I willingly signed up for this, I welcome it with open arms (plus my own strength is not my foundation).

Therefore, my personal thoughts will decrease, and I will make room for the words of others as they speak to me.

Today it's a hymn we sang at our convocation chapel last Thursday. It's simple, but absolutely profound. It screams of the wonders of God's amazing grace. And God's Spirit has continually worked it through me over the course of the past week.

My hope is in the Lord
Who gave Himself for me,
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

No merit of my own
His anger to suppress.
My only hope is found in Jesus’ righteousness.

And now for me He stands
Before the Father’s throne.
He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.

His grace has planned it all,
’Tis mine but to believe,
And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.

For me He died,
For me He lives,
And everlasting life and light He freely gives.

~My Hope is in the Lord by Norman J. Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment