Sunday, April 28, 2013

my frame

April has not failed to be a busy month for me. Between school work, work, internship, and preaching the month has been fairly non-stop.

This morning I had the privilege of preaching through Psalm 103. And while I loved the entire psalm, verse fourteen struck a large chord for me. It is stated in the context of the compassionate love of the Lord towards His children.

For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.

Prior to studying the passage, I always found this verse brutally honest. It seemed like God was pointing His finger at me saying "dust."

Thankfully, it is actually a great source of comfort.

God knows our frame because He built it. He remembers we are dust because it is what He formed us from.

Therefore, God deals with us according to our nature. He knows our frame and make-up is weak. He knows it is broken. He knows what it can and cannot handle.

April reminded me of my frame. But more importantly, it reminded me of my Father's compassion. It proved that He does in fact know who and what I am. It proved the faithfulness of His steadfast love.

Bless the Lord, o my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment