Monday, November 16, 2009

say uncle...

Seriously! I have joined the ranks. My day went from good to great in a matter of minutes with this announcement. My sister and brother-in-law welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world this morning. Unfortunately, I will not get to officially introduce her to Uncle Derek until next week, but I couldn't be more excited! I look forward to the years of spoiling her rotten (without the knowledge of her parents of course), and teaching her all the wisdom I have gained over the years (and boy do I have a lot). In all seriousness, I am overflowing with joy at seeing the faithful hand of God at work in my family. We have had our fair share of ups and downs, but God has pulled us through each time. He has remained faithful, even when we were faithless. This day has been a long time coming, especially for the happy parents. My joy intensified as I listened to Aaron show her off to me over the phone with Danielle chiming "good girl" in the background. You might not find two happier worshipers than these two right now. What is more, I think of them raising this beautiful girl to fall in love with Jesus Christ, the lover of her soul.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Uncle Derek! Trying to stay awake with this little one who is STILL eating! Love her . . .

    ReplyDelete