Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

To all the mothers; I pray you have a blessed day being honored and appreciated for everything that you do. I especially want to wish a great day to the three mothers closest to me: a seasoned veteran, a 6-"monther", and an expecting. In honor of my mother, I have chosen to post two of the best pictures ever taken of us.

Having had the privilege of learning under her tutelage for both my 4th and 6th grade years, we naturally share a close bond. She is easy to joke and have a good time with while also being very pleasant to talk to. This past year she has truly been a blessing through her insight as a teacher. I have called her many times on my rides home to ask for encouragement and prayer with my students. She listens and offers wisdom thanks to her experiences in the same field. She challenges me to continue praying for my students each and every day regardless of how much I may not like them at the moment. She has labored with me through my first experience as an educator. My struggles this year have brought an unexpected blessing of enriching our relationship (it's funny how God works like that). She isn't perfect, but I know of only One who is. She is worthy to be honored for "she opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue...a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." (Proverbs 31: 26, 30)
Aren't we just beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Derek, for the encouragement and blessing. Being your mom, and your siblings mom as well, is one of my greatest joys. Love the pictures.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete