Saturday, May 29, 2010

How awesome would it be if God gave us signs for which path to follow like this one from a hiking trip in Utah last summer? It's simple yet obvious, leaving no room for questions.
Or how about one to let you know how much longer you have until you have reached your destination, wherever that is? It encourages you to keep plugging away because you know where the finish line is.
Or maybe a warning for what is around the next bend? It says the way is hard, but at least I can prepare myself for what I am about to face.
Sometimes God does reveal His will to us in ways like these. Of course I wish He would do it like this all the time, but His ways are higher. As Jeremiah humbly states; I know, O Lord, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps (10:23)...For as the loincloth clings to the waist of a man, so I made the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah cling to me, declares the Lord (13:11). With my time off over the summer, I pray God will teach me to humbly follow and helplessly cling.

1 comment:

  1. Although it seldom seems clear, His way is always the best in the end. Then somehow, it suddenly seems to clear up.

    ReplyDelete