Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Triathlon fun

Team G4 (G for green and 4 for our lane) competed this past Saturday in Messiah's team triathlon. For two of us, it was our first taste of the triathlon experience while it was one of many for the seasoned veteran.

Given my high school career, I swam the 800 (1/2 mile) while Chad biked the 12.2 miles and Jordan ran the 5k. My goal was to swim my portion in 11 minutes or under. I "trained" for two months (March and April) with a late push the final two weeks prior. My work apparently paid off as I successfully swam a 10:31. I got out of the pool satisfied and feeling rather well. The rest of the morning I spent watching my teammates perform their respective portions of the race.
Special thanks to our honorary coaches, Danny and Jeremy, for cheering us on throughout the morning. Also to the man behind the camera (he chooses to remain nameless) for capturing our new annual event.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love the pictures. Where is the one of you swimming in the pool and the one of Chad biking?

    ReplyDelete