Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I am excited! Roughly two weeks from now I will get to do this:

Contrary to what you may think, the beach is not the reason for my excitement. Once school is finished, I will get to read to my heart's desire. My summer position of swim coach/tutor/swim instructor works beautifully around my reading schedule. I coach practice in the morning, tutor soon after, and finish my swim lessons by two. From that point until dinner, I can be found sitting poolside with a book in my hand and ice water by my feet. Sure, I have been known to dabble in a nap every now and again, but I love it! I bought a slew of books over the winter, which I never got to reading given my busy school schedule. On the menu for this summer are:

finishing The Fiddler's Gun (turned the room a little "dusty" more than once to be honest)
The Holiness of God ~R.C. Sproul (first-time reading)
Crazy Love ~Francis Chan (first-time reading)
The Reason for God ~Tim Keller (first-time reading
Knowing God ~J.I. Packer (2nd time around, but this time with a pen)
plus whatever books I may or may not receive when I age by one year next week.

However many books I get through, I am eagerly looking forward to the free time coming my way.


1 comment: