Tuesday, June 8, 2010

School's out for summer!

There will be much more to come, but the last of my students loaded the bus for summer vacation. I still have a handful of inservice days left. However, there is a large sense of relief in knowing tomorrow will not involve me trying to maintain peace and order to a class full of 10-year olds. I have learned more than a year's worth (that's the part that is still to come) in terms of my professional and Christ-like development. I made it to the end by God's grace and power alone. My body and mind are more than ready for this wonderful break. It starts officially today!

3 comments:

  1. May the Lord give you a great summer to rest and sort out the many lessons that you have been taught through these past months!

    Looking forward to seeing you this summer!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Derek, it has been a blessing seeing how you are allowing God to "teach" you using a pack of 10 year olds. Year one down! Two more to go.
    Looking forward to having you home and catching up on much needed sleep and reading!
    Love,
    Big Guy (a.k.a. Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek,

    My last day is tomorrow and, then I will join you. Can't wait for our poolside conversations and naps. I know the Lord used you to bless those children and even more, me.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete