Sunday, July 4, 2010

I just spent another great weekend with the family at the Lake. There is nothing better than spending time laughing, playing, and enjoying fellowship by the water. In addition, I am also nearly finished The Holiness of God. It has been an excellent and extremely humbling read, which I hope to post about in the near future. For now, I am off to Harvey Cedars for a week of spiritual renewal with my youth group at West Shore. I am excited to reconnect with a number of my guys as well as hear what God wants from me. The topic for the week revolves around the issue of trust. Thankfully, I have that part down pat...I wish. Truth be told, I am excited (and a bit nervous) for what will come from this week. At this point, I am fairly confident of where God wants me, but I doubt the timing of it all. This week may leave me feeling more uncomfortable than I may desire. One I do know is that God has me there for a reason, whether to help the youth grow in their love for Christ or to move me closer to where He desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment