Sunday, February 20, 2011

another wonder

Apparently the list for the Seven Wonders of the World is in a state of flux. Where I thought there were only two lists (natural and man-made) somebody has decided to construct a list for every constructed building in the history of man. Regardless, I can cross off another "wonder" from my own personal list. Prior to the weekend's trip to Delhi my accomplishments included Victoria Falls in Zambia, the Colosseum in Rome, and the Leaning Tower in Pisa. Now I can add the Taj Mahal to my list.

The Agra Fort lies across the river. The Muslim king who built the Taj Mahal for his late (and favorite wife) used to longingly gaze at it from his prison after his son successfully overthrew his frivolously spending father. (Don't worry dad, you're safe with me.)
Close up the building is more than impressive. The white marble sparkles in the sun, and the Muslim style of perfect symmetry displays itself proudly.
I like to be artsy (or as artsy as you can with a Sony Cybershot). If you tilt the camera just a bit, your shot looks like so.
Details such as this flower are sketched into the building throughout. They are from one piece of marble. I don't really have the proper words to express my level of appreciation for skill such as that. The building is simply beautiful. A wonderful display of the creativity God has blessed man with by means of His grace.

1 comment:

  1. i am wayyyy behind on the seven wonders, if i can even figure out what the seven wonders are . . .

    ReplyDelete