Friday, February 11, 2011

crawling friends

My time here has introduced me to an assortment of wildlife friends. Some aren't so much wild as they are hapless wanderers. Those I get to see on a regular basis whether on walks or drives around the city.

Sorry for the rear shot, but these guys are all over the streets. In Africa I saw them on my safari. It's been odd seeing them pass by me on the street.
He is rather large. He greeted me in my hotel room at the third camp location. I was startled at first due to his size and mere presence. We established a mutual agreement to stay out of one another's way.
I spotted him the first day we landed at Camp Deccan. He was most impressive.
This little (he's really quite large) guy landed right on my pants one evening. I was too impressed with his appearance not to take his picture.
We played with this "stick" for a little while. If you look close enough you can see a smaller one getting a free ride. He disappeared shortly after this picture, but no one is sure if he wasn't accidentally stepped on.

No comments:

Post a Comment