Saturday, February 5, 2011

that's a big dam


It's actually called the Nagarjuna Sagar, and it currently sits as the world's 9th largest dam. We drove alongside and across on the way to our most recent camp. We stopped to eat lunch at the top. We stopped to take pictures at the bottom after filling our stomachs at the top. Since India is the middle of its dry season, both portions of the dam are low on water. But when the rain comes, I hear the area is rather green and lovely.

Regardless of the water level, I still found the area rather beautiful. I jokingly told one of the staff members, "I'll jump if you jump" from the top of the bridge. He quickly responded with an emphatic, "No, no one is doing any jumping!"

On the way home from the camp, we stopped again for some tea (chai) and snacks. We got a chance to see the beauty of the dam at night as the sun was setting. My camera doesn't do justice, but it will have to do.




1 comment: