Sunday, September 27, 2009

three-day weekend

Unlike a traditional weekend, I am only on day two of rest and relaxation. School is off tomorrow, which means I get to stay home. While the day will most likely include lesson planning, grading, and many other teacher related activities, it will be a much-needed day of rest. I am almost one month into my first year (a post about that will be coming shortly), and I am already learning to enjoy and seek rest. God, graciously, made us beings who require rest whether we take it or not. In addition to physical rest, I am enjoying the spiritual rest that comes with the weekend. Being able to worship on Sunday mornings with other believers is truly a blessing I have come to take for granted. It encourages and satisfies like nothing else can. Along with corporal worship, the weekend provides plenty of time to commune with my Savior: to bask in His love, joy, peace, and comfort. The responsibility falls on me to pursue it because the offer is always on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment