Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Working in mysterious ways?

My first week of teaching is now in the bag, and the second week is upon me. I already know the challenges facing me, along with the lessons I need learning in patience. Sadly enough, the first week made me feel pretty good. Why is feeling good a bad thing, you ask? Unfortunately, my tendency is to take my feelings of things going well and place full stock in them staying that way. I lose focus of my need for God as I take advantage of His blessings. I start to plow ahead without any regard for what He desires or what His will is. As a result, God starts to work in mysterious (humbling might be the better word because they aren't really mysterious) ways to adjust my mindset. This time around, God recaptured my attention by testing my trust in Him. Basically, my car is finally showing the signs of her age (almost 20 years) after breaking down on route to Keuka. I have some money to buy a new car, but nowhere near enough to avoid any kind of loan. My plans to finish off this year with a chunk of change saved has altered drastically in a matter of 48 hours. However, I feel like this is a blessing in disguise. Before I even got a chance to let money (this is my first real job) get a hold of me, God grabbed me first. He is making sure my trust is devoted to Him alone, and He remains the Lord of my life. It isn't the way I was hoping to start off the year, but I know it was just what God wanted all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment