Thursday, January 21, 2010

If you're light of heart, you may want to skip this

I went to Between Two Worlds this evening because the post title 99 balloons caught my attention. It was in reference to this.

Seeing that my one of my siblings just had a baby while another is expecting one in June, I couldn't help but be amazed at this young couple's faith. I tend to act like Jonah when the little pleasures of life get taken from me. This couple responded in faith to the loss of one of the most precious blessings God bestows upon His image bearers. As scared as I am, my prayer is that of Job, "God gives. God takes. God's name be ever blessed."

1 comment:

  1. i have read other blogs of families with little ones with trisomy 18. how courageous to bring forth a child that you know won't be around for as long as the nine months spent carrying him or her. those kind of people are my heroes - just loving and enjoying what God gave them in the present moment. (and that video that the 99 balloons family made was exceptionally tear-jerking.)

    ReplyDelete