Saturday, November 6, 2010

a prayer for me...and you

I love the gospel! With each and every passing day, I am learning to love it more. Beyond that, I love the God who orchestrated it in eternity past. His sending of Christ to pay the penalty for my open rebellion against Him in the most wonderful thing I have ever heard. But it doesn't stop there. Not only am I offered forgiveness, I am but gifted Christ's righteousness and God's Spirit to give me a passion to live the way I was originally created to live. This is the gospel I am excited to share with the children of India two months from today. We had a team meeting this morning where I learned two of the camp sites we are heading to have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. God is graciously allowing me to join Him in proclaiming His salvation to a place kept in the dark for all this time. What a humbling thought!

During a brief devotional we read a passage reminding of us what we should be praying for as we prepare for our trip. However, I felt even more convicted to be praying this prayer as I interact with people here. My excitement to share the gospel cannot rest in India alone. There are multitudes of people needing to hear the same message, and it's our (why the prayer is for you too) job to proclaim it.

Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison-that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

~Colossians 4:2-6

1 comment: