Tuesday, October 4, 2011

others are noticing

I feel like I am posting articles a lot. It's probably because I don't have loads of time with which to right more of my own thoughts. However, I think there is value is reading what the news-folk are saying about everything and anything. Anyways, I read an article about men this morning during a class break. The author might be the same Bill Bennett who can be heard on the radio (at least that's where I have heard his name before). I don't listen to him, but maybe with thoughts like these I should.

Without over-doing it, I came away discouraged because what he talks about in the article is a sad reality. Men are hard to find, but boys are running around like crazy. You can see it in college dorms, bars, churches, and almost everywhere else. Besides painting men in a bad light (we don't need help in that department), men such as these destroy women and families. As Christians, we should read these articles and embrace the challenge of seeking boys and turning them into men by the power of God's Word and Spirit.

And we might even need to be forceful about it. After reading this article, God's call to Job kept coming back to me because it's a call all males need to hear, whether men or boys.

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:
"Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.
 Job 38:1-2 (emphasis mine)

2 comments: