Wednesday, December 1, 2010

new and improved

I got sick of the design for my blog. It was a bit dull and unattractive. Unfortunately, my colorblindness limits my creativity, but this should suffice. The background picture is one I took in Utah. It is the dry ground right before the rain. I loved the exposed earth with veins spreading everywhere. Then, when the rain comes the earth soaks it in with every ounce of strength it has left.

I want that depiction to be my view towards Christ. I am the dry, rain deprived earth. Regardless of how often I am spending intimate time with Him, I always want room for more. Given my upcoming winter plans (and every day for the rest of my life), I pray what David prayed in Psalm 63 everyday.

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

No comments:

Post a Comment