Tuesday, June 28, 2011

on deck

I still have no idea where God is leading me. I wish I could daily say that with a smile on my face, but the reality is every single day likens itself to a wrestling match to embrace Paul's words in Philippians 4:10-13. I know God's timing and plan are always perfect, but am I willing to trust?

Recently, I've been reading one Psalm a day. It's not for intensive study purposes, but more as an added aspect to my prayers for the day. On Sunday, I was slated to read Psalm 131. It stayed with me through the day as a challenge to my struggle for contentment. On Monday, I read it again hoping it would sink in further. This morning, I followed suit.

The three verses have been a great encouragement and reminder over the past three days. As a result, I have adopted it as my theme passage for the summer. It's my prayer and foundation as I begin the next step (seminary) tomorrow.

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up;
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
O Israel hope in the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment