Wednesday, October 27, 2010

India updates

First a note of thanks to those who have given financially to help support my trip as well as those who have dedicated themselves to praying for me. Rather quickly I have seen the faithful hand of God in action. It's exciting to be a part of.

This past week I received back my Indian visa, clearing me for the entirety of my trip. There was a small mix-up with one of my proofs, but a quick fax from church cleared that up in less than 24 hours. From the legal standpoint, I am ready for my trip.

My ticket is nearing its purchase date as well. I received an email from the LCMI secretary giving me an update on the ticket status. As it turns out, the round-trip ticket will cost between $250-350 cheaper than budgeted. Another example of God's graciousness at work.

The discount will prove to be vital as the length of my trip has been extended by 2-3 weeks. I talked with Sanjay a few weeks ago about staying on to help train some of the native Indians in their knowledge of the basics of the faith. That way the different cities will have biblically trained people ready to meet with the children once the camps are over. My staying will all depend upon my fundraising, but the news of a cheaper flight is one step towards staying longer. I am eager to see how God makes this happen if it is His will.

The next step for me is getting my vaccinations. Personally, I am not at all fond of shots, but they are a necessary evil. I am still trying to figure which I need to get, and which I can be a little bit more flexible with. All in all the finer details of the trip are lining up rather well. For those who are praying, my funds, prayer support, and vaccinations are the biggest hurdles still facing me. God has been faithful thus far, and I look forward to seeing Him continue in His faithfulness.


1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness. Can't wait to see how He pulls all things together.

    ReplyDelete