Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Today is that guy's birthday. As you might be able to guess, when the two of us get together bad things happen (well at least bad things for my sister). We cause mass amounts of mayhem and chaos for all parties involved. There is no stopping us one we get each other rolling. Sometimes it is silly physical stunts while other times brilliant displays of our combined intelligence. We are just like a box of chocolates, "you never know what you're gonna get."

Technically Aaron is my brother-in-law seeing that he married my sister. The reality of the situation is that he is my second brother. He has been amidst our family for more than ten years, and we have established a relationship which is both fun and faith oriented. We exchange emails about things we are reading or specific lessons God is teaching us. As I made my decision to leave teaching, head to India, and then start seminary Aaron was an active member of my "braintrust." I respect his opinion and counsel because I know full well he is rooted firmly in God's Word. Those are the types of people whose value will never be known until we see the other side of eternity.

This will be Aaron's first birthday as a father. His daughter is nearly one year, but she was born shortly after his birthday last year. It is a joy to watch him interact with his daughter, displaying the love of His Father to her. His job keeps him very busy, but his passion for his family resonates in spite of that. He is another example for me of how to be a faithful husband and father to the family God blesses His children with.

(He's also a real treat to scooter with too).

No comments:

Post a Comment