Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 1

After roughly 8+ hours of travel time, I rendezvoused with Jack and Jordan around 9AM Italian time. Given my inability to sleep on plane rides (I may have gotten a total of 1&1/2 hours), I spent most the car ride to Pisa napping. With those naps (yup I took more than one), I was ready for day touring the city of Pisa. Though I feel like my body may be leaning more than usual as a result.

First we started by touring the grounds. They included the Tower, church, and a few museums. We didn't go into any because we were more than satisfied walking around.

Next, Jordan and I grabbed a quick bite to eat. We split a pizza between the two of us (though I ate most of it) along with a nice house red. I am pleased to say the eating endeavors are off to a good start thus far.
With our bellies full, we utilized our tickets which enabled us to climb to the top of the Tower. It was an awkward climb going back and forth in my balance, but the view was fantastic. Here is a picture of the church from atop the Tower. I always remembered being told churches were in the shape of a cross, but now I got to see it for myself from above.

The rest of our evening is still unplanned except we do need to eat at some point. Tomorrow has us traveling to Florance for another day of seeing the wonderful sights.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and pictures. Eat some delicious food for us.

    ReplyDelete