Saturday, March 26, 2011

ah the human body

Over the past two months I tried to do some amounts of exercise. I tried a workout on the roof, but the mosquitoes got the best of me. Sanjay and I went on walks every now and again to maintain blood flow and muscle movement. The girls would play various things in the front of the house, which I would join in when I was home.

I ran the sports camp which gave me some amounts of exercise by means of Frisbee, volleyball, dodge ball (yup no gym class rules in India), and relays.
I played cricket, which, unfortunately, is not too physically strenuous.
We played soccer at times, which, thankfully, was physically strenuous when you play like soccer your father in college.
But even with all that I am terribly out of shape. I meant to get back on my running schedule as soon as I got home, but I lack the discipline. This morning was my first time back on the horse of Saturday morning basketball. I had no lungs, received a dead-leg on my first shot, jammed my finger, took a forearm to the nose, fell down frequently, and demonstrated a lack of playing for the past two months extremely well.

It's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment