Monday, March 21, 2011

song for my theme

I purchased a popular worship song shortly before traveling to India. As I've stated before, I thoroughly enjoy music of all kinds. I wanted something to listen to on my traveling to and fro as well as the down times. Little did I know it would become somewhat of a theme song for my time in India. The song is rather simple, but the God made the truths came emphatically alive as I saw His hand at work.

water you turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind
there's no one like You, none like You

into the darkness You shine, out of the ashes we rise
there's no one like You, none like You

our God is greater, our God is stronger
God, You are higher then any other
our God is healer, awesome in power
our God, our God

and if our God is for us then who can ever stop us
and if our God is with us then what can stand against

God demonstrated His power, exclusivity, and strength in ways I fail to put into words as I try to share about India. Each was physically demonstrated over and over again for my eyes to witness. As I listen to the song now, tears want to burst from my eyes because I had the blessing of seeing firsthand just how much our God is greater than all others.

But the truth of the song is also my biggest struggle in coming back. Back home it's harder to see God's greatness on clear display outside of my own life and those willing to share how God is working with me. I don't know if it's because we don't really believe, don't want to see, could care less, or are too easily distracted. What I do know is there really is no one like and nothing that can stand against Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment