Monday, March 14, 2011

the sweetest goodbye

I begin my long trek home at 2:30AM Indian time. My flight to London leaves around 7AM. If all goes according to plan, I should be back in the Commonwealth a little before 10PM Eastern time. It will be a long day of travel and little sleep.

I leave here with a heavy and grateful heart. Heavy as I leave the many wonderful people I have come to love and serve with. Grateful as I look back upon all that God has done in the lives of the people and my own heart. I will not understand the full blessings of this trip until I am long removed from it. But I thank and praise God for each and every moment of it, even the humbling and challenging times.

As I leave I carry with me the prayers of those whom I had the privilege of serving God alongside. They are truly humble servants of God taking their part in seeing God's kingdom grow throughout India.
I also take along the prayers of beautiful family who graciously opened up their home to me these past two months. They are a testimony to God's faithfulness to those who obediently respond to His calling.
There are so many others I will miss as well. Unfortunately, I don't have one large group shot of all of them. They include campers, counselors, pastors, other servants, and many more who God allowed me to work with and minister to. I leave singing the classic song of the faith to close my time in India.

Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God has done
Count your many blessings, name them one by one
Count your many blessings see what God has done!

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment